Fuel Your Training Regimen with Copper River Salmon
Whether you’re building your energy for a marathon or just looking for a healthy dinner both you AND your kids will enjoy, this delicious creation from Diane Wiese at 60 North Seafoods is sure to please. To learn more about the awesome Omega-3s and other heart-healthy properties of wild Copper River Salmon, click here.
Thai Copper River King Salmon Patties
Serves 8-10 as Appetizers or 4-6 as an Entree
- 2 lbs. Copper River King Salmon, diced small or minced. I usually use the scrape from the back bones or chop the tail portions that are too small to butterfly & grill. If you don’t have Copper River King, substitute any wild caught Copper River Salmon.
- One bunch green onions chopped fine (green part only)
- 3 Small Zucchini diced fine or grated (squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper diced fine
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger minced or grated
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce (found in the Asian section, I use Mae Ploy Brand)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro chopped fine
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Panko
- Avocado Oil
- Garnish with lime and Cilantro
Combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs and oil.
When combined, the mixture will seem loose, add about 1/2 of breadcrumbs to bind it together. Refrigerate for an hour or longer. This will help the mixture to firm up and hold together better. Form 2~3 inch patties and roll in Breadcrumbs. Heat pan to medium with Avocado Oil. Pan fry 3~4 minutes per side, turning only once. Serve with Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping~ Enjoy!
Diane Wiese is a longtime Alaskan resident in Cordova. Her recipes are a beautiful tribute to Alaska, showcasing local flora and fauna she has foraged & local harvested wild meat and seafoods. She leads Product Innovation at 60North Seafoods and does recipe development for the Copper River Marketing Association. For more inspiration, find her on Instagram @copper_river_coastal.