Copper River Salmon Jam T-shirt Design Contest
Can you imagine what it would be like to see everyone in Cordova wearing YOUR art? Now is your opportunity to find out! Copper River Salmon Jam invites you to submit your t-shirt design ideas, not only for the fame of it, but the winning design will receive $250 cash prize, a weekend pass, and complementary logo gear!
Copper River Salmon Jam is an annual 2-day summer event coordinated by a wide range of community partners. This event celebrates salmon and promotes the health and sustainability of local salmon through art, music, road races, delicious salmon dishes, and education activities. Weekend events include the Alaska Salmon Runs, Taste of Cordova cook-off, Salmon Jam Music Festival, Small Fry Educational Activities, and an artisan craft fair. Proceeds from Salmon Jam Music Festival, one of the main weekend events, support year-round concerts, performances, and art education activities in Cordova hosted by an all-volunteer board, Cordova Arts and Pageants.
The winning design will be used for the 2020 Salmon Jam merchandise and the artist will win a $250 award, a weekend pass, complementary logo gear with YOUR art, and your art worn by people of all ages from all over the world!
- The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2020.
- One design will be selected for the 2020 Salmon Jam festival products; including but not limited to t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, and hats.
- The artist may paint, draw, or use graphic design software to create the design.
- The artwork must be submitted in a high-resolution digital format in full color and in a line drawing.
- The artwork should be able to be printed in color or as only an outline.
- The design must fall within the following dimensions:
- No smaller than 8.5” tall x 8.5” wide
- No larger than 12.5” tall x 12.5” wide
- The artists must be prepared to work with the committee to make revisions to the design before we print.
Submissions with an additional, smaller logo which compliments the initial design are encouraged, but not required. The extra design may be placed on garments to enhance the overall aesthetic.
Artists may submit more than one design, but we will only select one design for 2020 festival products.
The Salmon Jam Planning Committee may opt to negotiate a second contract with more than one Artist to use their artwork the following year if there are multiple highly competitive designs.
The Salmon Jam Planning Committee also reserves the right to not select a design if we feel that the design submissions do not meet planning committee expectations.
After the winning design has been selected, the Salmon Jam Planning Committee will negotiate a contract with the Artist detailing the usage rights of the art and details regarding revisions.
Upon completion of the winning design, including any revisions, the Artist will receive a one-time payment in the amount of $250, along with with a Salmon Jam weekend pass, and complimentary merchandise that features your art.
Contests Submissions must be postmarked, dropped off at the CRWP Office, or emailed by 5 pm on April 30, 2020.
Copper River Salmon Jam
P.O. Box 1560 Cordova, AK 99574