Copper River Salmon Jam presents:
Jammin’ SalmONLINE — July 12-18, 2020
Stretch out those running muscles, dust off those dancing shoes, and re-stock your art supplies — because this is Copper River Salmon Jam, COVID-style!
This year, we expanded the Salmon Jam line-up to a whole week, celebrating what sustains us — Salmon & Art — on a daily basis with a line-up of art and salmon-themed events that are fun for you and your social bubble.
Share Your Feedback & Be Entered to Win!
Click the button below to take a short survey sharing with us your favorite parts of this year’s festival and ways we can make it even better! In return, you’ll be entered to win a bubbly Jammin’ SalmONLINE festival Tshirt!
Don’t miss a minute of the festival fun! Click the button to view this year’s Jammin’ SalmONLINE festival schedule!
View our Instagram stories feed to see realtime updates from the festival! Click the icon below!
Share your festival experiences this year by using the hashtag:
READY TO JAM
It wouldn’t be Salmon Jam without MUSIC! How about six nights of music performed especially for Salmon Jam debuted on Twitch.TV, thanks to the hard work of Cordova Arts?!
Artists include local and regional performers, and we are excited to announce our featured virtual performers:
Here’s something to celebrate: Artists from Cordova and around the country joining in Cordova’s annual celebration of Salmon & Art in a variety of ways:
- Adding Fish-themed art to the Cordova Rockfish Garden at Hollis Henrichs Park.
- Joining Copper River Canvas for a virtual painting class on Facebook Live.
- Net Loft Gansey Fish Knit-a-long on Wednesday, July 15 at 12 pm.
- Check out all the daily winners and honorable mentions from this year’s Salmon Jam Photo Challenge on our Photo Challenge blog post. Thank you Orca Adventure Lodge for sponsoring this event with an awesome prize!
- View a photo gallery of all Cordova’s Dumpster Painting art.
- Delve into history and art with Copper River Gallery’s Virtual Salmon Label Art Show at CopperRiverGallery.Zenfolio.com
- Watch this year’s Salmon Jam Lip Sync battle on our Youtube playlist!
YOUNG AT HEART
Check out this suite of artistic and outdoor learning funtivities for Small Fry and their families hosted by PWS Science Center and other local community organizations:
- Agents of Discovery hike with (virtual) Ruby the Red Salmon
- CRWP Scavenger hunt
- Intertidal fish printing instructions
- Native Village of Eyak Formline Salmon Head Craft
- Salmon Life-cycle “Swim Along” at Mt. Eccles Playground
- Storybook Forest
WILD, FREE & DELICIOUS
Tune into our social channels as we continue to share about harvesting, preserving, and using local ingredients in periodic Taste of Cordova features. Click our social links below and follow us to be alerted when we post.
Celebrate wild Copper River Salmon, learn more about wild food, and join the wild food revolution with our blog posts by local wild food extraordinaire, Raven Cunningham.
HIT THE ROAD RUNNING!
Exercise your lungs on one of your local running courses, posting your time to see how you compare to the rest of the pack in our Virtual Alaska Salmon Runs.
Participate in any part of 2020 Jammin’ SalmONLINE?
- It’s free and super simple to register for this year’s Jammin’ SalmONLINE.
- You’ll be signed up to receive all of our great Jammin’ SalmONLINE content sent directly to your email inbox, so you won’t miss a moment of the fun!
- You’ll be entered to win some sweet Salmon Jam gear and local products from some of our amazing SPAWNsors and supporters!
- It helps the festival measure participation so we can retain the financial and in-kind support we receive every year that keeps this amazing festival going strong.
CLICK THE BUTTON TO REGISTER & BE ENTERED TO WIN!
Salmon Jam Merchandise
Get into the Salmon Jam spirit with new Covid-themed Salmon Jam merchandise. Order from Redbubble to find the perfect fit for everyone in the family. Wear this year’s COVID-themed Salmon Jam merch and visually show your support and connection to salmon and the arts in Cordova!
There’s also a limited number of bubbly festival Tshirts available in Cordova from Copper River Watershed Project. Call 907-424-3334 or email email@example.com to see if they have your size!
For The Love of Salmon & Art
Although we can’t gather like normal this year, your Salmon Jam Planning Committee is committed to keeping the Salmon Jam Spirit alive in Cordova!
The natural beauty of this place is one of a kind. Organizations like Copper River Watershed Project and Prince William Sound Science Center have boots on the ground year-round to study, educate, restore and strengthen the in-tact resources and the community here.
At the same time, our local non-profit arts council, Cordova Arts & Pageants helps us express and celebrate what we love about this place — providing art and culture to our remote community for over 50 years.
Cordova is a great place to live, visit, and learn, and Cordova Chamber of Commerce works diligently to keep it that way while supporting our many unique and colorful small businesses.
- The City of Cordova is lucky to be surrounded by the beautiful Chugach National Forest. Both our municipal and US Forest Service leadership strive to keep this place healthy and thriving.